Enabling business agility through finance and HR
A one day workshop for finance, managers and HR
Traditional management was invented for very different times and is today in serious trouble.
The level of VUCA; volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity in our business environments is at a record high. People also expect more from work than just a paycheck. How can we enable performance in these new business and people realities? How can we create more VUCA-robust management models, which also works with and not against human nature? How can we create a more engaging work environment, where people perform at their best because they want to, not because they are told to, and where learning faster than others is key?
This workshop will show you new ways of working, where people and interactions are more valued than processes and tools, and where responding to change is more important than following a plan.
Learn from the fringes! Understand how management innovation can provide just as much competitive advantage as technology– and product innovation!
The close relationship between Beyond Budgeting – and Agile
In this workshop, you will get unique insights into Business Agility in practice, both from a managerial, financial and human perspective.
You will benefit from Bjarte Bogsnes’ and Pia-Maria Thorén’s extensive experience from organizational and managerial models and cultures which enables performance and success in a complex world. Companies all over the world have embarked on radical transformation journeys, including Equinor (formerly Statoil) – where the budget (and much more) was kicked out 2005.
This and many other great case stories and practical examples will be shared,
and participants will have the opportunity to try out different exercises in groups. Learn how to trust and empower without losing control, and how to redefine performance – with dynamic and relative targets (or no targets at all) and a holistic performance evaluation.
The workshop will also cover dynamic forecasting and resource allocation, as well as other examples of self-regulating management mechanisms, including transparency and peer pressure.
Bjarte will also share insights into KPI pitfalls and the bonus problem and Pia-Maria will talk about the importance of psychological safety to release creativity, learning ability and performance.
- The problems with traditional management, including budgeting and the link to fixed performance targets
- Human view X and Y and the importance of trust to release creativity, learning and performance
- From managing to enabling performance by changing the system
- New ways of working with performance management: Team goals, OKRs, Salary Formulas and peer based performance evaluations
- Beyond Budgeting – the adaptive management model: the background, the philosophy and the 12 principles
- Companies on the journey; examples of how they operate
- The Equinor story – the “Ambition to Action” model
- Agile Performance model at large Swedish companies
- Examples of self-regulating management mechanisms using transparency and peer-pressure instead of micro-management and control
- The KPI pitfalls and the OKR advantages
- The bonus problem and what to do instead
- Beyond Budgeting and Agile People – networks for inspiration
Bjarte has a long international career, both in Finance and HR, and almost 25 years of experience from implementing Beyond Budgeting. He is the author of the book “Implementing Beyond Budgeting” where he describes the implementation at two large European companies, Equinor (formerly Statoil) and Borealis.
Bjarte is the chairman of Beyond Budgeting Roundtable (BBRT) and is a popular international business speaker. Bjarte is also the winner of a Harvard Business Review/McKinsey Management Innovation award.
Pia-Maria has 25 years of consultant experience from large Swedish and international companies within HR, leadership and organization transformation.
She is the author of the book ”Agile People – A Radical Approach for HR and Managers (That Leads to Motivated Employees)”
Pia-Maria is also the founder of the company GreenBullet and the global network Agile People.
She is a frequent lecturer at conferences and different types of networks.
Adress: Smugglarevägen 1
421 67 Västra Frölunda