Management 3.0 – Practical leadership that works
Speed and flexibility are critical in today’s complex business environment. This places new demands on leadership that did not exist before. Management 3.0 provides insight into how to act to meet these requirements, and take advantage of the opportunities created by an Agile approach.
Management 3.0 is a set of values and tools for future leaders, where self-organizing teams is the rule rather than the exception. The traditional managers role is changing and it will require huge efforts to change the perception of the controlling and governing leadership that cannot create value in an organization with modern values like transparency, continuous improvement and value creation for customers.
Basic ideas in Management 3.0:
Management 3.0 consists of 6 parts including of theory, discussion and many practical group exercises:
- Provide motivation and energy: The people are an organization’s most important asset, and managers must do all they can to keep employees motivated, creative and active (here we play Moving motivators, which clarifies the priorities of 10 motivators)
- Give the team autonomy: Teams can self-organize, and it requires trust, delegation and authorization from leadership (Delegation Poker gives you support for the what decisions are taken by whom and at what level)
- Align constraints: How are the organization’s goals and objectives translated to employees’ daily activities. Difference between KPIs, objectives, vision and strategy.
- Develop competence: Teams can not reach their goals if employees do not have the right skills and how can we develop skills in new ways?
- Grow structure: Many teams are working within a complex organization, and therefore need to reflect on the structures which facilitate communication between the different parts. Here we play Meddlers game where we build a structure of an IT organization that is growing with more and more projects and clients.
- Improve everything continuously: Employees, teams and organizations need to constantly improve in order to not fail. How we lead the improvement work and what change perspectives there are.
Address: Smugglarevägen 1
421 67 Västra Frölunda
Address: Hagagatan 50
113 47 Stockholm